After talking with Mrs. Donna, (she is our nurse friend who is VERY resourceful and helpful...she was also our childbirth class instructor), we decided to start introducing REAL food to John Thomas tonight. We started with bananas because Mommy and Daddy both love bananas, so we thought he would love them too. Not so much...he didn't like it so much at first, but after a few tastes, he liked it ok.
 |
Daddy fighting off JT's hands to get the
spoon in his mouth. |
 |
| "Uhhhh...I don't think so!" |
 |
| "Ptoo!" Out goes the bananas... |
 |
| "Num num...these aren't so bad!" |
When we started feeding him tonight, I said to Shawn, "I cannot believe we are feeding our baby boy with a spoon now...it just doesn't seem real." And of course I got a little emotional. Haha! We will try other fruits this week...probably need to try prunes so he'll poop! ;-) We might try apples, too...we shall see. Next week we will try veggies starting out with sweet potatoes. I figured that would be a good transitional veggie. Mrs. Donna suggested we only try one thing at a time for 5-7 days, so fruit first, then veggies. He's been getting rice cereal since about 8 weeks, so we're on to the next step! I can't believe how fast he's growing!
Wednesday afternoon, John Thomas played for a long time in his Jumperoo while I was working at my desk. I had my back to him, but I turned around often to check on him and talk to him. When things got really quiet for more than a few seconds, I got a little worried.
 |
| Before... |
 |
| After... |
Hahaha!!! He totally "crashed"! I guess he had too much fun for one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment