We headed to The Coast for the 4th of July weekend for a much needed vacation and quality time with my family and super duper friend, Linda! It was her first time to meet JT, so it was an extra special trip! It was so good to see her and my sisters, nieces, nephew and parents...I wish we all lived closer :-(
![]() |
| Look at that smile! He had so much fun with Linda! |
| Lainey, Keira, JT, Ethan, Ali...sweet memories with cousins! |
Obachan (my mom) decided to come back home with us to stay for a week so she could get more "JT time" in, and boy was it a God thing she did. Late Monday night, Papa, (Shawn's dad) had a heart attack and went to the ER. He then had to be taken by ambulance to Tupelo for a heart cath. Stints could not be put in because he had so many blockages, so on Thursday, he had open heart surgery...5 bypasses! Then on Friday, our friends, Casey and Stephen, had their sweet baby boy, Aaron, at the hospital in Amory. With all the hospital visits and with Nana and Papa out of commission, it was such a blessing to have my mommy home to help us out!
![]() |
| JT visiting with Papa the night before surgery. |
Papa is doing great now! He's on the road to recovery, and he's beyond ready to be able to hold his grandbaby again. I think that's the hardest thing for him right now...maybe...
Another exciting thing we got to do this month is take some of our kids from church to Shocco Springs for Student Life for Kids Camp! For the first time, Shawn and I left our sweet baby boy...for four days and three nights! Nana and Papa kept him for us, and guess what he learned to do while we were gone??? Sit up on his own!!!
![]() |
| Nana found him sitting up in his crib when he woke up from a nap! All by himself!!!! |
| Our crew! We were on the RED squad in case you're wondering... |
JT is doing a lot more now, too, like crawling, saying "Bye-bye" and waving, dancing, cutting more teeth...he now has SEVEN teeth...and he's pulling up! This is how I found him this morning when I went to get him out of his crib
![]() |
| Yup...we lowered the crib...again! Look how proud he is of himself! Hahaha! |
I must say that teething is very challenging...and I hear when they cut their molars it's even WORSE. Yay. I mean, do they make teething crib guards? JT has decided to pull a Bucky Beaver and gnaw on the crib rails! Ugh...well, on the bright side, at least his teeth are cute and white and healthy! :-)





Callie, Praying for you father-in-law's recovery! Glad that you are posting again! I love to see all the wonderful things that JT has been doing! Yes, we are cutting molars and it has been rough!!! They do make gaurds for the cribs. Look into it because Fisher did the same thing!
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me a little sad :( I need to see JT more! How can we make this happen??? Maybe we should walk a few nights/week and I can hold him afterwards??? He is so precious, Callie. And yes, they make guards for crib rails. We have one on ours. Teething is not fun! But just remember that it will not last long :) Love and miss you!!!
ReplyDeleteI love this little fella! He makes me a proud Dada.
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures!! Papa and I love this lil fella too and we enjoy every minute we have with him. Thank you GOD and thank y'all too for this little blessing who means the WORLD to us. Love you all SOOOO much!!
ReplyDelete